The metal Table Nest, which provides air flow beneath the EGG, is now an optional component for all Big Green Egg tables. The Table Nest is also useful for custom tables and outdoor kitchens.
CAUTION: The metal Table Nest must be used in conjunction with a table or built-in surround. Not for use as a free-standing support for your EGG. Do not place EGG directly on wood or combustible surface!
DO NOT USE A TABLE NEST TO SUPPORT AN EGG UNLESS THE EGG IS HOUSED WITHIN A TABLE, ISLAND OR OTHER SURROUND. THE LOW-PROFILE TABLE NEST IS NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED AS A FREE-STANDING SUPPORT
for your EGG. Only the Mini and MiniMax have a low-profile Nest designed to be used as a free-standing base. THE EGG IS DESIGNED TO BE USED IN A METAL NEST OR WITH A METAL TABLE NEST, PROVIDING AN AIR GAP BELOW THE EGG
- however you must exercise caution and not place an EGG directly over combustible material such as ground cover or an extremely dry wood surface even if using a Table Nest. A concrete paver block or granite tile is often used to support the EGG when used in a table or built-in. If not used in conjunction with a Table Nest, it is recommended that these be stacked at least 3" thick for proper heat protection. FOR MAXIMUM HEAT PROTECTION, IT IS BEST THAT A GRANITE TILE AND A METAL TABLE NEST BE USED IN COMBINATION
, particularly if EGG is routinely used for long cooks or high temperature cooking and is placed over a wood surface. PERIODICALLY CHECK THE AREA DIRECTLY BELOW THE EGG
to ensure that over time there is no deterioration on the surface under the EGG due to heat transfer.
- Table Nest for an 2XLarge EGG - 115638
- Table Nest for an XLarge EGG - 113238
- Table Nest for a Large EGG - 113214
- Table Nest for a Medium EGG - 113221